Quest Chips Nachos
High protein chips are cool and all, but the real start of the show in this nachos recipe is the beef and homemade taco seasoning. You’ll want to make this healthier taco meat in bulk to use for more than just nachos. Baked taquitos, tacos, enchiladas, empanadas—this meat is my go-to filling.
The only recipe note worth mentioning here would be that Quest chips don’t handle heat very well.
So be sure to pop your nachos in the oven just long enough to melt the cheese and not any longer.
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Black or Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 C (60g) Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp (30g) Lime Juice - that’s about 1 medium lime
- 1lb 96/4 Ground Beef
- 4 Bags of Quest Tortilla Chips
- 112g (1 Cup) Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Mix up your seasoning.
- Cook your ground beef (or any choice of meat) with the seasoning, then add lime juice and tomato paste once the meat is fully cooked to take it to the next level.
- Put the Quest chips in a 12" skillet, top with your meat & cheese, then broil for 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with a dollop of Greek yogurt before serving and dig in!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Servings Serving Size 1/4 of Skillet
Amount Per Serving Calories 355Total Fat 16gCarbohydrates 9gProtein 45g
What’s shakin’ bacon? I’m Mason, a personal trainer turned food blogger and current leader of the Proton Party. You can find me cookin’ up a storm over on Kinda Healthy Recipes or blogging with my wife on With the Woodruffs.
I got into the fitness industry in college while studying to become a Registered Dietitian. It didn’t take long to realize I was more passionate about preventative care and performance nutrition than medical nutrition therapy. That led to personal training, which turned into writing about training and nutrition. Which eventually evolved into creating healthy-ish recipes.
It’s been a fun ride, and I’m excited to lend an oven mitt to The Hungry Truth!