Jammin’ Blueberry Protein Cupcakes
I was originally going for jam-filled donuts, but when things took a turn for the weird (we like to call it creativity) in the kitchen, I ended up baking these in cupcake liners. Still craving that jammy center, that’s when I decided to hole out the middle and these protein jam-filled cupcakes were born!
Trust me, it’ll be hard to not eat just one. You’ll be coming back for seconds, thirds, and the rest of the batch! This recipe can also easily be doubled or tripled for meal-prepping and stays fresh in the fridge for several days.
The perfect on-the-go snack!
For the cupcakes:
- 15g vanilla-based whey protein powder
- 25g all-purpose flour
- 15g granulated sweetener (I use monkfruit)
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 75g greek yogurt
- 20g egg whites
- 50g fresh/frozen blueberries
- 14g granulated sweetener
- *optional: pinch (~1/4 tsp) xanthan gum or cornstarch to thicken
- 8g powdered sweetener
- 5ml almond milk
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix dry ingredients.
2. Add wet ingredients and combine to form smooth batter. 2. Pour into cupcake liners or silicone molds.
3. Bake approximately 18 minutes at 350F until the tops start to turn slightly golden-brown. Let cool fully.
4. Microwave blueberries and sweetener in short bursts until soft. Mix and mash, and add small pinches of xanthan gum (optional) to thicken to jam consistency if desired.
5. Once cupcakes are cooled, gently carve a circle on top of each cupcake with a knife, then scoop out the middle with a spoon. Spoon in your jam filling and let set in fridge for a bit.
6. Drizzle a bit of glaze at the end and voila!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 Cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 60Total Fat 0gCarbohydrates 8gProtein 6g
This is a guest post from community member Petite Pancakery:
“Hey friends! It’s your favorite petite fairy bakemother here. I’m all about pushing my creativity with simple, low calorie and high protein treats. I have the biggest sweet tooth, so I love putting together foods that I can snack on throughout the day and also get in quality nutrients for the best of both worlds!
It all started with realising that being a 5’1 shortie meant that my body doesn’t retain food and macros the same way as someone in a taller frame. So along with working on strength training, I began to explore alternative ways I could enjoy cookies, donuts, muffins, etc. daily and still make gains. And thus, the Petite Pancakery was born!”
The Hungry Truth is built on truth, no matter the source. We love accepting articles from our incredible community, allowing anyone to have their voice heard to help simplify health & nutrition.
Do you want to submit your own article? Head over to this link and submit your content!